What is it all about …… ??? What are its operational capabilities….. ????
The Sikorsky SH-60/MH-60 Seahawk (or Sea Hawk) is a twin turboshaft engine, multi-mission United States Navy helicopter based on the United States Army UH-60 Black Hawk and a member of the Sikorsky S-70 family. The most significant modifications are the folding main rotor and a hinged tail to reduce its footprint aboard ships.
The U.S. Navy uses the H-60 airframe under the model designations SH-60B, SH-60F, HH-60H, MH-60R, and MH-60S. Able to deploy aboard any air-capable frigate, destroyer, cruiser, fast combat support ship, amphibious assault ship, or aircraft carrier, the Seahawk can handle anti-submarine warfare (ASW), anti-surface warfare (ASUW), naval special warfare (NSW) insertion, search and rescue (SAR), combat search and rescue (CSAR), vertical replenishment(VERTREP), and medical evacuation (MEDEVAC).
- Low Risk Off-the-Shelf 100% On-time Delivery
- Simultaneous Primary Mission Operations Game Changing Capability
- U.S. Navy Roadmap to 2040+ Maintains Operational Edge
- Advanced Sensors & Weapons Designed and Built for Maritime Dominance
- Safe & Survivable in the Most Rigorous Missions & Extreme Conditions
State of the art features
- Link-16 Tactical Communications Data Link (TCDL) Integrated Self-defense
- Torpedoes Hellfire Missiles Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS)
- Crew-served Weapons – .50 cal/7.62 mm Machine Guns
- RAST or Decklock
- Multi-mode Radar Electro-optical/Infra-red Sensors (EO/IR) Electronic Support Measures (ESM) Airborne Low Frequency Sonar (ALFS) Sonobuoys
Multi-Mission Maritime Helicopter
- Over 300 MH-60R Seahawk helicopters worldwide with over 600,000 flight hours accumulated
- International Operations for the U.S. Navy, Royal Danish Navy, Royal Australian Navy and Royal Saudi Naval Forces
Unmatched Multi-Mission Capability
- Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) / Anti-Surface (ASuW)
- Special Operations / Search & Rescue (SAR)
- Utility /Vertical Replenishment (VERTREP)
- Command and Control (C2)
Superior Maritime Capabilities
Fully Integrated Mission System builds complete situational awareness and actionable knowledge, enabling target engagement both close-in and over-the-horizon.
Most Reliable, Cost Effective
- 98% Availability (Ready Basic Aircraft)
- Less than $5K (USD) cost per flight hour
- Lowest life-cycle cost in its class